At Newalta, a safe workplace is a fundamental right. Newalta has fully integrated systems, processes and training to ensure that risks are identified and addressed. We strive to minimize the potential for injuries to people, damage to our customers’ facilities and the well-being of those who work with us.
All Newalta people are accountable for safe work practices, both for themselves and for those around them. We provide:
- Training programs for all staff
- Hazard and operability reviews
- Selection of the safest equipment
- Facility audits
- Communications and safety meetings
- Work procedures and protective equipment
Our goal is safety excellence and continuous improvement. Newalta establishes and rewards the behaviours that make for a safe approach to work. We have a President’s Awards program that recognizes the top facilities measured by leading key performance indicators.
The quality of our people and our organization is apparent in our safety performance:
- Audited against international standards
- Consistently excellent
- Exceeding industries in which we operate
Learn more about Newalta’s Safety Policy (pdf).
We see this safety excellence as the desired output of an integrated approach to safe work behaviours, environmental stewardship and risk management.