Our health and insurance benefits provide employees with a benefit package that suits their needs.
- Basic life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment
- Dependent life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Extended health
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Alternative therapies provide access to chiropractic care, massage therapy, naturopathy, acupuncture, physiotherapy and speech therapy
We understand that retirement saving is important. We also want our staff to share in the success of our company. Contributions can be directed to a variety of funds, including:
- Spousal RRSPs
- Guaranteed Investment
- Fixed Income Funds
- Balanced Funds
- Canadian Equity Funds
- Newalta Shares
A second tier of the Savings Plan allows for payroll deductions for additional contributions to the same selection of funds.
We have a long-term commitment to creating an environment of positive health habits, both physical and mental. Balance between work and family is important.
Our confidential Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) helps employees and family members identify and understand sources of personal difficulties and develop necessary coping strategies.
- Full-time Newalta employees begin employment with us with three weeks of vacation in their first year
- Additional vacation at five and 10 years’ service milestones
- In their 10th year and beyond, our people have five weeks’ vacation